Headlines: 2 May, 2022
– Inflationary pressures mean that civilian workers’ average income declined 3.7% in real terms over the year ending March 2022
– Wall Street had the worst day in over a year on Friday, with the Dow Jones (2.7%), NASDAQ (4.1%), and S&P 500 (3.6%) all closing the day down
– Amazon stock fell by fourteen percent, representing the worst day for the company in over eight years
– President Biden confirms intention to announce decision on student debt cancellationin the coming weeks
– Maine begins to send $850 stimulus checks to residents as infant cuts into purchasing power
– Some states are offering higher SNAP benefit amounts as food prices increase
– Biden confirms that he will not be pushing for $50,000 of student debt forgiveness
– Where do the experts stand on renting vs buying in this new housing market
Helpful Information & links
– Looking for a status update on your tax refund? Use the IRS’ Wheres My Refund? tool.
– Which states have the lowest prices for electricity?
– Medicare enrollment:what you need to know
– Chicago provides $150 gas cards: how to apply