Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sean Ross Sapp teased an upcoming Fightful Select “on why some WWE higher ups believe they are more likely to regain Bray Wyatt now than before”.
- After Titus O’Neil’s promo on the July 18 Raw claimed you’ll never hear WWE “talk about politics,” multiple wrestlers & staff reached out to Fightful about how “a Kevin Dunn-led production truck was adorned with a crudely-taped ‘Trump 2020’ flag while at the Thunderdome after the 2020 Election.”
- It hasn’t been changed on WWE.com yet, but this tweet from Angel appears to indicate he’ll be getting his last name “Garza” back.
- Conrad Thompson said on the My World with Jeff Jarrett podcast that Ric Flair’s Last Match was “part of a bigger master plan and no it does not involve Ric Flair wrestling again.” His Starrcast company then trademarked “Southwest Championship Wrestling”.
- A Peacock marketing email revealed Charlotte Flair will be the guest on the next Broken Skull Sessions. Stone Cold Steve Austin’s conversation with Flair premieres Aug. 19 on the service.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.